Confirmed Case of COVID-19 In Our School Community
Kia ora, Kia Orana, Bula Vinaka, Malo e lelei, Talofa lava, Fakafeiloaki, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Halo,Warm greetings
The health and wellbeing of our children, staff and community is a top priority.
We’re sending this email as there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our school community. The student was at school on Wednesday 1 December.
Those that were in close contact with the case have been provided the appropriate public health advice including testing and isolation requirements.
Our school is staying open. Based on international and local evidence and experience, the risk of COVID-19 transmission within school settings is considered low. This means that it is no longer necessary for the school to immediately close when a case has been identified as infectious while at school.
Silverdale School is staying open at this time.
What you need to do
- You and your whānau should watch for symptoms
- If any develop, get tested immediately
- Then, stay at home until you receive the result
- If your whānau hasn’t been vaccinated, please do so as soon as possible. You can book on-line at bookmyvaccine.nz or by calling 0800 28 29 26. It’s free.
What we’re doing
- We will stay open.
- We have appropriate public health measures and cleaning procedures in place.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- A new or worsening cough
- Sneezing and runny nose
- A fever
- Temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
Less common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, malaise, chest pain, abdominal pain, joint pain, or confusion/irritability. For more information, go to https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/about-covid-19/covid-19-symptoms/
Please contact Cameron if you have any questions.
Ngā mihi nui