The Silverdale School Resilience Programme – Te Whakatakanga Manawanui
What is the Silverdale School Resilience Programme ?
We are developing our our resilience programme for our children. This development is taking place during Term 1, 2024 and the programme will be implemented beginning Term 2, 2024.
Why the Need?
* Mental health conditions amongst Kiwi youth have doubled in the past decade, and could get worse in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
* New Zealand is in the top 10 of the most medicated countries in the world for anxiety.
* Suicide rates in New Zealand are among the highest in the world.
* Recent research puts New Zealanders in the top 6 for the loneliest people in the world.
The Resilience Project at Silverdale School
* Linked to our school values – Kindness/Atawhai – Excellence/Hiranga – Respect/Whakaute – Integrity/Ngākau pono
* Weekly lessons.
* Follow up activities in Student Journals.
* Focus on student, staff and community well being.