Alert Level 1 Information
- there are no specific public health requirements.
- there are no restrictions on personal movement so all students, children and staff continue to be safe to go to school and all students must attend school.
- physical distancing is not a requirement but is encouraged when you are around people you don’t know.
- there are no restrictions on numbers at gatherings or on physical activities including cultural and sporting activities, practices and events.
- The key public health measures are:
- If people are sick, they should stay home (phone Healthline or their GP and get tested if they have cold or flu symptoms).
- Continue to regularly wash and dry hands, sneeze and cough into elbows.
- Soap, water and the ability to dry hands should be provided in bathrooms.
- Regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
What this looks like at Silverdale School:
—> No one will be allowed onto the school grounds until after the 8.30am bell. Children will continue to go in straight to class to be ready and build relationships with their peers and teacher.
—> If parents/caregivers need to come into the school grounds to drop off children after 8.30am, they must sign in at the office and scan the QR Code poster for the NZ COVID Tracer App.
—> Please remember that after 8.30am teachers are in their classrooms for the children. This is not a time to meet with your child’s teacher. If you want to meet with your child’s teacher please contact them and set up a meeting for after school.
—> Staff will continue to be at the gates to supervise children coming to school.
—> Students will continue to not play before school.
—> Collection from one of the gates or stop, drop and go.
—> If parents/caregivers need to come into the school grounds to pick up children they must sign in at the office and scan the QR Code poster for the NZ COVID Tracer App. Please do not go straight to your child’s classroom.
—> If parents/caregivers are picking their children up early then they must go to the office and sign in and scan the QR Code poster for the NZ COVID Tracer App. You child will be called over the PA system to come to the office to meet you.
—> Staff will continue to be at the gates to supervise children leaving the school.
—> Team Tui will stop walking to Metro Park carpark and be collected from one of the gates or stop, drop and go zones.
—> Older siblings will continue to collect younger siblings and walk with them to the gate or stop, drop and go zone.
—> Children will be allowed to walk to Metro Park carpark by the cricket nets to be collected by parents/caregivers.
If at anytime parents/caregivers come into school you must go to the office and sign in and scan the QR Code poster for the NZ COVID Tracer App.
At Alert Level 1 we all need to be ready in case COVID-19 reappears in our community.